Thursday 29 January 2015

The Bantayan Diet

Sometimes a place is appreciated just that little bit more when getting there involves a life threatening leap from one boat to another in seas that are hardly fit for a big boat let alone the little vessel that came out to transfer us to the shore of 'main land' Cebu. 

I watched in horror from a couple of people deep as Nicola dangled over the edge of the big boat, hesitated and then jumped across to the small boat as it shifted out of reach. She hovered for an age between the boats and I think we both thought she was going for a swim. Sh*t Nix, the tablet's on your back for god's sake. She managed to walk on water and made it on.

I can confirm that she squealed. Naturally it was my fault as I wasn't there to offer any "words of wisdom". Apparently I have those.

Anyway, Bantayan, that death defying leap plus two other boat trips, a bus and a cyclo took us 40 kilometres as the crow flies to land on our next island paradise. This one even better than the last. 



But what about the Bantayan Diet I hear you ask?

Forget the Paleo diet, vegan, vego, Atkins, I Quit Sugar*, South Beach, whatever. No, no, no, this is no fad diet. The Bantayan Diet (as certified by myself, Dr Brimson) is the one for you. Coconuts, mangoes, roast pork and 1L San Mig's are the four cornerstones of my diet. 



Not only will you look great down the beach, it also tastes great and is scientifically proven to contain no calories, and is sugar, fat and alcohol free.

I mean look at the guy, don't you want to look like that?


When you do drag yourself away from your cottage's view, hanging out with Coconut Joe and really committing to that diet...


...you get to laze about on a blinding white beach like this (that's your exercise component).


Check out this endorsement from Nicola Brimson.


Another satisfied customer...

*take note Corinne, you've been doing it wrong